To describe when FRASE collects personal information, what it is used for, to whom it is disclosed, and to ensure that FRASE complies with its obligations under the Privacy Act 1993.
This policy covers the following topics;
- The information FRASE collects and when
- How FRASE uses the information
- Sharing of information
- Storage and protection of personal information
- Accessing and correction of personal information
- Internet use
- Security of captured data
1. The information FRASE collects and when
FRASE collects personal information from Realtors or vendors (Users) who use FRASE’s Website.
2. How FRASE uses this information
The personal information collected is used:
to check user identities to satisfy FRASE’s obligations under Fraud & Anti Money Laundering and Fair Dealing legislation and obligations;
to facilitate approval of information regarding a property submitted on the Website;
to assist in the preparation of said property copy;
to carry out any activity in connection with any legal, governmental or regulatory requirement, or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution; and
for general administrative and business purposes.
3. Sharing of information
FRASE will only publish generic information about a property on the public pages of its Website. FRASE will under no circumstances, sell or receive payment for licencing or disclosing personal information held.
More detailed information about Users and property will only be disclosed to:
- The User or its pre-approved partners;
- Anyone who hosts or maintains data centers, service platforms and other infrastructure and systems where information is processed or stored on behalf of FRASE;
- Any person or organisation FRASE may be required to pass information onto by reason of legal, governmental or regulatory authority including law enforcement agencies;
- Any person or organisation as authorised by the Privacy Act 1993; and
- Any person as necessary to protect or enforce FRASE’s legal rights and interests, or to defend any claims made against it.
4. Storgage and protection of personal information
Where FRASE stores or records personal information, all reasonable steps will be taken to keep such information:
- secure and to prevent unauthorised disclosure, and
- accurate and up to date.
5. Access and correction of personal information
- Every User of the Website can request correction of the details held by contacting FRASE (such amendments may need to be validated by FRASE).
- FRASE will take all reasonable steps to correct its information so that it is accurate, complete and current.
- FRASE will delete any personal information when it is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected.
6. Internet Use
Cookies are small pieces of information which can be stored on a hard drive (persistent cookies) or in memory (session cookies). FRASE cookies stored to a user’s computer cannot read the hard drive or command the computer to perform any action.
7. Security of captured data
To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data integrity and ensure appropriate use of any customer information collected, FRASE will put in place physical, electronic and managerial processes to protect the information collected.
- FRASE’s system will store data in an encryption protected environment;
- FRASE will regularly review all aspects of data security.
Any changes to this policy will be advertised on the FRASE Website and be effective from the date posted on the Website.